Monday, August 27, 2012

Family Fun in O-Town



We have been trapped inside our house this weekend due to Tropical Storm Isaac. Yesterday, the hubs and I were completely stir crazy - we literally watched like four Lifetime movies in a row. Today is no different, but I am hoping we find other things to do while the rain keeps us locked indoors.
 
 
 
 
 
The weekend before last, my family and I headed up to Orlando to visit with my brother and his wife. Our plans were to partake in a lot of Disney activities (water parks and such), but rain haunted us that weekend too! Seriously, you would think that living in the 'Sunshine State' would bring more sun than rain!

Here are some snapshots of our weekend away.


 Ryan goofing off in Downtown Disney ;)
 
 
 
 
 As part of our DVC membership, we booked our stay at the Saratoga Springs resort - their lobby looked like a little carousel. I love the little touch of Disney they leave in the room. How can you not be happy here?!
 
 
  
 This was our gloomy view for the majority of the trip - we were at the pool for only 45 minutes before having to make a mad dash inside.
 
 
 
We did head out for a fun dinner at 'Latin Quarter' at Universal's City Walk. That's me with my sister in law, Rene (and my brother next to her).
 
 
 
Dinner & dessert = churrasco skirt steak and vanilla creme brulee topped with caramelized bananas. It was one of the best desserts EVER.
 
 
My parents and us outside House of Blues.
 
 
You can see more photos from my trip on Instagram!
 
 
For all my fellow Floridians and those within the path of Isaac, stay safe! xo


4 comments:

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Sometimes it's fun to have a movie marathon though. I know what you mean about being stir crazy though!

Amy


Fashion and Beauty Finds

Cesie said...

Downtown Disney is the best! I miss it!!! I moved to San Francisco about a month ago so I don't know when I'll be back :(

ps. check out my blog for business casual fashion advice
http://thebuscas.com/

Unknown said...

Such pretty pictures!I love Disney!

girlavantgarde.com

Monica said...

Love Latin Quarters! Too bad it rained so much :(