Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Guest Post / Melissa from 20 Going on 80


While I am out of state for new job training, I have some pretty special blogging buddies that will be filling for me this week. Please make them feel welcome!

Today's special guest is Melissa from 20 Going on 80


Hi there! I'm Melissa and I blog over at 20 Going on 80. I'm a twenty-something college student with Grandma-ish hobbies. My blog features recipes, DIY ideas, free printables, and more odds and ends craft projects! I'm excited to be guest posting here on Erica's blog today! 

I don't know about all of you but my bathroom counter is always a wreck. No matter how hard I try my makeup always seems to explode all over the place. Whenever I go back home for breaks/weekends my siblings like to give me a hard time about how I 'destroy' the bathroom counter. And let me tell ya', sharing a bathroom with 5 siblings is NOT an easy task. Haha. So if I can find a easy (and cheap) way to organize my stockpile of makeup then I am all for it.

This is a prime example of how my makeup was organized before (or lack thereof).



So I came up with this idea...to use a bowl and old glass to organize brushes, mascara, and all those odds and ends makeup supplies that we all have laying around. I literally just used a bowl and glass that I didn't use anymore for this project! And then some scraps of scrapbook paper from a previous project!



After gluing the paper onto the bowl and glass, and then gluing the bottom of the glass to the bowl it was done! The glass helps keep all my brushes upright and the bowl is a easy way to throw those odds and ends things into!


I love how easy and compact this is! Total cost: Zero dollars.
And even if you don't have an extra bowl and glass laying around you can easily find some at a dollar store for super cheap!

Thanks again to Erica for having me today! I had a blast creating this project for you! :)



Thank you so much Melissa! What a great (& easy!) way to store our beauty tools!
Check out her blog for more hobbies & projects!

2 comments:

Chanda Terry said...

Awesome post and Thanks for the DIY!

Harley said...

i needed this in my life more than you can every know. now my make up brushes will have a home instead of just sitting on the counter.