Monday, September 19, 2011

Emmy's 2011 - My Picks for Best & Worst Dressed

Awards shows are just another reason for me to spend countless minutes (or hours) studying the fashion that graces the red carpet. There were so many looks from last night's Emmy's that I loved and so many that I didn't. Here are the top picks for my own best and worst dressed lists!


The Best -


                                             Gwyneth Paltrow in Emilio Pucci

I just love this look! The black lace with the nude base (I can rhyme!) is one of my favorite looks and the peek of her taut tummy keeps it young without looking skanky. Some may hate it but I like it!

                                                 Martha Plimpton in Zac Posen

I LOVE this one! The deep cranberry color, the shape, the sparkle....just gorgeous!

Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan

The color of the evening was red but this look was one of the best for me. The silhouette was perfect and the detailing on the bottom was so different from the simplicity of the top. 


                                                Cat Deeley in Monique Lhuillier

Champagne color, gold sparkle...so pretty and so dreamy! Monique Lhuillier is one of my favorites!

                                 Amy Poehler (with hubby Will Arnett) in Peter Som

This dress was so simplistic but yet perfect for the event. The sapphire color was a nice change from the red color that most attendees wore and the glimmer of it made it seem just a bit more special for the evening award show.

<><>

Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang
When doesn't Sofia look amazing?! She always chooses dresses that flatter her curves and this was no exception. While some articles credit her as wearing red, I saw this more as a coral color and it stood out!


The Worst -

Paz de la Huerta


Heather Morris
<><><>
Christina Hendricks in Johanna Johnson


Kristen Wiig in Zac Posen


Olivia Munn in Carolina Herrera


Elisabeth Moss in Marchesa



Overall these looks were just yuck to me. I won't even comment on them individually because they all seemed to bother me in the same ways. The fit, materials and color choices just left me wanting to pluck them from my tv screen and find them something better to wear! Oh and their beauty styling wasn't so hot either...


Fashion is so subjective, totally based on one's preference. What were your favorites from last night's Emmy's?? Did any of my picks match yours?







(All photos via The Hollywood Reporter)


No comments: